Warranties - Hollon Safes
All safes are heavy. Never lift a safe by yourself or without proper training, heavy lifting gear or safe moving equipment. Always use a licensed, bonded and trained locksmith company or moving company to move and install your safe. Always bolt your safe to the floor. A safe is not a toy neither is its packaging! Keep children away from the safe and the packaging. Safes are considered airtight. NEVER lock a living being in a safe. Guardian Safe and Vault assumes no liability for usage. When you buy a safe you are buying time, time against fire, time against theft. Given enough time and proper tools any safe can be broken into.
Safe doors can be very heavy. Opening a safe on an uneven or unstable floor (plush carpet) may cause safe to tip forward. Be sure to secure safe prior to use. Failure to follow instructions or to heed this warning may result in serious injury or even death.
Hollon Safe backs all our fireproof safes with a lifetime warranty against fire. We will gladly replace any Hollon Fireproof Safe that has been damaged in a fire with the same or a comparable model to include all freight costs to the original address of purchase. Customers will be required to supply all requested documents to an authorized Hollon Safe representative prior to replacement. Additional Gun Safe Fire & Burglary Warranty. Contact Hollon Safes at 1.888.455.2337 for additional information or restrictions.
Starting January 2015 Hollon Safe warranties all parts and labor, including all Hollon digital components, on all safes purchased for period of 1 year from date of purchase against manufacture defects. We provide a 2-year warranty on all replacement parts. Extended warranty includes Hollon digital components. Other brand digital components, electronic keypads, will only be warranted for a period of 1 year from date of purchase. Only digital components that are factory installed or installed by a Hollon Safe technician prior to shipment will be covered under this 1 year warranty. Hollon Safe will not warranty any digital component installed on safes that are installed within a floor. This warranty does not cover any damages caused by mishandling, neglect, water, tampering, improper installation, removal and/or reinstallation of the safe. Hollon Safe must be notified within a period of seven days of the receipt of any safe damaged during shipping in order to uphold the warranty and/or damage claims. Warranties on damage claims will only be accepted if the customer has properly executed the outlined Damage and Delivery Policy and Procedures. Re-setting of any combination on a Group II dial lock must be performed by a qualified locksmith otherwise the warranty will become void.
This warranty is valid for the original customer of purchase and is non-transferable. At no time will the warranty cover more than the original purchase price of the safe. At no time will Hollon Safe become liable for the cost of installation and/or removal of an Hollon Safe or any contents or valuables that may be stored in any Hollon Safe. Hollon Safe’s sole discretion under this warranty is at Hollon Safe’s own option and own expense. Hollon Safes will repair the defective safe or part, will deliver to the customer the same or comparable safe or part for replacement of the defective part, or if neither of the two previous options is reasonably available, Hollon Safe may, at its own discretion, refund to the customer the original purchase price paid for the defective safe. All safes or parts that are replaced or refunded will become the sole property of Hollon Safe. An authorized Hollon Safe representative must approve all claims against Hollon Safe. All repairs must be approved by a Hollon Safe Representative before any warranty repairs can be completed. If a warranty repair is completed prior to obtaining an approval and a work order number from Hollon Safe, Hollon Safe reserves the right to refuse payment to the service provider or reimbursement to the customer for any unauthorized repairs.
- A warranty Claim Number must be issued by a Hollon Safe Representative before ANY WARRANTY SERVICE IS PERFORMED. Any warranty service performed before a warranty claim is issued and parts have shipped will be subject to denial. Hollon Safe’s Technical Support Department is available Mon-Fri from 8:30am-5:30pm CST.
- Issuance of a Warranty Claim Number does not constitute admission of liability on Hollon Safe’s part but recognizes that a potential problem may exist. All troubleshooting steps and procedures must be followed by Hollon Safe representatives and all claimant(s) before a warranty claim number is issued and warranty service is performed. Warranty work will be performed by authorized Hollon Safe service technicians only. Any work performed by an unauthorized service technician will be automatically denied by Hollon Safe.
- A Hollon Safe Work Order Form will be sent out with any parts. This form must be returned signed by claimant along with any parts that have been replaced before payment is considered. If defective or unused parts are not returned to Hollon Safe then the warranty invoice will be denied.
- If warranty issue(s) are found to have been caused by user error, neglect and/or abuse on the part of claimant then the warranty claim will be automatically denied and claimant will be responsible for any and all charges and return shipping of any part(s) or safe(s) to Hollon Safe.
- For Complete details on Hollon Safe’s Warranty policies please visit our website at http://www.hollonsafe.com/warranty.html
Hollon Return Policy
Safe can be returned for a period of 14 days from the date of delivery. All returns must be approved by an authorized Hollon Safe representative and returned with a required “RMA” number. Safes must be returned in the original packaging and must be received in an approved Hollon Safe warehouse undamaged and unused within 7 days of the issuance of the return authorization number. All freight charges are non-refundable. All safe returns are subject to a 15% restocking fee. In addition, if the returned safe is received by Hollon Safe damaged it may be subject to additional fees. These fees will be determined by an authorized Hollon Safe representative and will be prorated according to the extent of damage. Customers will be charged for freight to and from the point of delivery regardless if the buyer was eligible for free shipping. All freight charges will either be prepaid by the customer directly to the carriers or will be deducted from the safe refund. Credits will only be issued upon receipt and inspection of all returned safes.